Case Manager – Housing (Bilingual Preferred)
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for delivering case management/counseling services for clients and families.
- Design, implement and monitor individual program plans for clients
- Assess client needs; investigate their eligibility for services
- Counsel and aids individuals and families requiring agency assistance
- Maintain client records and completes required documentation according to agency and accreditation standards. This may include, but is not limited to data entry, progress notes, activity reports, time sheets and logs
- Coordinate client activities
- Assist clients with accessing other services (job training, counseling, housing, medical services, etc.)
- Network with other providers to generate community resources for participants
- May provide supportive counseling in individual and group settings
- May transport consumers to appointments, etc.
- Completion of housing needs assessments with all appropriate Safe House residents
- Case management responsibilities (both group and individual) for clients
- Provide crisis intervention, referrals, advocacy, and transportation as needed for clients
- Assist clients in locating affordable, safe housing
- Identify affordable housing, employment, education, transportation, child care, and substance abuse/mental health treatment referrals/resources for clients
- Serve as a liaison with the Ocean County Board of Social Services regarding client progress in applying for benefits
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation of client records and reporting as needed
- Assist the Safe House Coordinator with house management duties, as needed
- Assist with 24-hour hotline coverage, including one weekend shift per week
OTHER DUTIES: as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree in human behavioral science such as social work, psychology, sociology, guidance and counseling and child development. Related work experience preferred. Billingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS NEEDED: Valid driver’s license required.
MANDATED PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS: Providence House is a 24-hour residential program, as such requires staffing at all times. When accepting a position with this agency it is important to know that the regular shift at the time of hiring is subject to change during the course of your employment, and that at times of staff emergencies or special events you may be required to fill shifts other than (instead of) your regular shift. This may include holidays.
DISCLAIMER CLAUSE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it.
Or go to: https://www.catholiccharitiestrenton.org/careers/ to search our open positions