DOMESTIC VIOLENCE LEGAL HELPLINE ADVOCATE
Hours: Full-time, 35 hours per week
Reports to: Helpline Attorney
Salary: $40-45k DOE
Provide effective, inclusive, and accessible domestic violence services to victims/survivors of domestic violence. Responsible to:
- Answer the New Jersey Domestic Violence Legal Helpline during business hours and after hours based on helpline coverage schedule;
- Conduct legal intakes and gather facts relevant to legal matters for the Helpline Attorney’s review;
- Provide comprehensive, appropriate referrals to domestic violence victims/survivors;
- Work closely with the Helpline Attorney to provide relevant, accurate, and competent legal information to victims/survivors of domestic violence;
- Follow-up with victims/survivors and provide case management.
- Complete and submit reports to the caller management tracking system in a timely and accurate manner;
- Collect comprehensive resources for victims/survivors and develop and maintain resource database;
- Provide strategic outreach to member programs and the community;
- Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality;
- Attend staff, legal advocates, & social justice meetings as requires;
- Complete 40-hour DV training as well as training related to domestic violence; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to uphold the mission, vision, and ethics of NJCEDV.
- Commitment to social justice and deep understanding of the intersection between ending violence and eradicating oppression.
- Skill/ability to effectively communicate in English and Spanish preferred.
- Willingness and ability to work with people of diverse ethnicity, socio-economic circumstance, religion, culture, and sexual orientation.
- Experience working with victims/survivors of gender-based violence and/or families in crisis.
- Knowledge of local victim service providers and social services organizations in New Jersey.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of domestic violence, sexual assault, and oppression based dynamics is required.
- Excellent listening and empathy skills.
- Skills and education necessary to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule, including evening hours when necessary.
- Must be able to work independently and meet multiple deadlines.
- Experience with databases; Salesforce a plus.
Members of marginalized communities and survivors are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application Instructions: Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.