SAFE in Hunterdon is a multi-faceted, non-profit agency whose mission is to cultivate safety, empowerment and healing in an alliance with adults, teens, and children who are affected by domestic and sexual violence. SAFE in Hunterdon offers a continuum of services from emergency shelter, to legal advocacy, creative arts therapy for children, supportive counseling and transitional housing plus community education.
HOURS PER WEEK: 40, minimum one evening/wk. required
LOCATION: Flemington, New Jersey
Manage operations of Adult Services Department and provide clinical supervision for program staff.
Provide individual and/or group counseling services for adult victims of domestic violence and sexual abuse.
- Masters in Social Work, Counseling or comparable human services graduate degree
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW preferred or LPC)
- Minimum of 3 years post Masters supervisory experience
- Domestic Violence (DV)/ Sexual Assault (SA) specific counseling experience; Bilingual (Spanish) a plus
- Provide individual, family and/or group counseling services for at least five adult victims of domestic violence and/or sexual abuse. Agency services are provided individually or in groups to both women and men.
- Provide crisis intervention services, supportive counseling, advocacy and referrals.
- Develop and implement individualized treatment plans addressing family relationship issues.
- Administer, interpret and discuss standardized assessments with clients.
- Consult with outside professionals involved in clients’ lives to assess needs/progress, and coordinate services.
- Facilitate group sessions for survivors of domestic and sexual abuse who present with multiple issues.
- Advocate for clients with social service agencies and follow up with client and/or agency as necessary.
- Abide by confidentiality and privilege requirements at all times.
- Review the office and client files regularly and see that the files are updated and complete and submit report to the Executive Director.
- Knowledgeable of and prepare agency service level agreements and reports related to all applicable grants, including but not limited to outcomes data and level-of-service reports monthly/quarterly/annually.
- Work cooperatively with funders and maintain relationships with contracting/funders liaisons as directed.
- Assist the ED with grant applications to maintain and/or expand adult programs.
- Oversight of department policies and procedures and advise the ED about necessary changes to counseling policies and procedures.
- Responsible to provide weekly supervision to staff and interns serving as counselors to adult victims of domestic violence and sexual abuse, including counselors assigned to work at the prison.
- Complete certifications/trainings required by the field for supervision of professionals and interns.
- Conduct related parts of mandatory 80 hr. training for staff and volunteers.
- Coordinate counseling and other services provided at Edna Mahon correctional facility.
- Stay current in DV/SA fields and train/orient counseling staff to stay current. Train staff in counseling related issues such as mental illness, substance abuse, empowerment, case management need, etc.
- Conduct weekly management meetings with department staff.
- Responsible to make programmatic decisions independently. Seek ED advise/supervision as necessary.
SAFE in Hunterdon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please send cover letter and resume to: Elaine K. Meyerson