Unchained At Last, the only organization dedicated to ending forced and child marriage in the United States through direct services and advocacy, seeks a Director of Client Services.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Director of Client Services gets the opportunity to:
- Plan escapes for those fleeing forced marriages and help them to rebuild their lives by advocating for their needs, connecting them with resources and giving them emotional support;
- Oversee a case manager, occasional interns and hundreds of volunteers;
- Coordinate the annual client retreat; and
- Educate the public and key groups and testify before legislators.
This unique position offers competitive compensation and benefits plus a United Nations grounds pass.
Partial telecommute options are available.
You might be a good fit for this position if you:
- Are endlessly compassionate and patient – but can also be a badass;
- Are ridiculously organized;
- Have at least three years of applicable professional experience, preferably providing services to trauma survivors;
- Hold a college degree, preferably in social work, psychology or a related field; and
- Feel passionately about Unchained’s mission.
You get bonus points if you also:
- Have a personal experience with forced marriage; and/or
- Speak more than one language.
Girls, women and others across the U.S. are being pressured, tricked, threatened or beaten into marriage, and then trapped. For them, marriage often means a lifetime of rape and domestic servitude.
Unchained is the only organization dedicated to helping primarily women and girls in the U.S. who are fleeing forced marriages, by coordinating escapes and providing pro bono legal representation, wraparound social services and emotional support. Unchained also is the only organization dedicated to ending forced and child marriage in the U.S.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this position, go to www.unchainedatlast.org. Click on Job Openings, then click on Director of Client Services.