The Safe House/Essex County
1 Full Time Positions
The Domestic Violence Liaison is a Domestic Violence Specialist, co-located at the DCP&P local offices (formerly DYFS) and supervised by the Domestic Violence Program. D.V. Liaisons will assist DCP&P casework staff in the assessment and service provisions of DCP&P protective service cases where domestic violence may be occurring. The D.V. Liaisons will provide on-site case consultation, safety planning, support, information, referral, and advocacy to the non-offending parents and their children.
The Domestic Violence Liaison will be expected to complete training on the DCF Practice Model.
Assist with Domestic Violence Assessments by partnering with DCP&P caseworkers during protective service investigations, home visits and outreach to families
Assist with Domestic Violence Safety Planning for the non-offending parent and children under DCP&P Supervision
Provide direct advocacy, community networking and referral information
Help identify and address gaps and barriers that non-offending parents face obtaining support and safety for their children and themselves.
Model best practices in working with families in Domestic Violence situations
Model collaboration and cross systems advocacy to strengthen Community partnerships and enable coordinated team response when domestic violence and child abuse co-occur
Educate and mentor DCP&P staff on the Dynamic of Domestic Violence
Provide Support Counseling to the non-offending parent
Assist in coordinating services for clients
Maintain accurate and confidential records.
Report Monthly Statistics
Participate in trainings and meetings as appropriate
– Bachelor of Arts Degree and 5 years experience in Domestic Violence Services OR
– Masters Degree and 3 Years experience in Domestic Violence Services required.
– Domestic Violence Specialist Certification by the NJ Board of DV Professionals OR
working towards certification.
– Completion of 40 hour Domestic Violence training preferred/ must be completed within 6 months of hire.
– Bilingual/Bicultural in English/Spanish preferred
– Ability to demonstrate working knowledge of the dynamics of Domestic Violence,
advocacy, courts, welfare, child welfare, confidentiality and counseling, prevention and
– Strong communication and problem solving skills required.
Please submit letter of interest and resume to: