David Mandel & Associates is seeking a freelance curriculum writer and developer to strengthen our international training and consultation efforts.
The person will assist the David Mandel & Associates’ training team in developing, organizing, and managing our domestic violence training materials and documents. Responsibilities include analyzing document goals and objectives, preparing document outlines, working directly with Subject Matter Experts to write and develop technical material in response to technical requirements, and assisting with curriculum management. Must be flexible, organized, and maintain positive communication with coworkers and team members.
The contract period is expected to be approximately 6 months to 1 year with opportunity for renewal. The contract may be developed on an hourly or project basis as determined by David Mandel & Associates. The initial expected work amount is expected to be between 20-40 hours a month.
Specific duties include:
• Developing, writing, and editing curricula
• Preparing and maintaining a document library
• Serving as an assistant to a Project Lead
• Communicating with Subject Matter Experts to develop technical material
• Preparing weekly status reports and work plans
• Other duties as worked out through contract
• Extensive experience in Education, Training, Curriculum Design & Development, and Instructional Design
• Excellent organizational skills, writing skills, editing skills, and oral communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and other tools
• Bachelor’s Degree or above
• Experience with development of SCORM courses
• Experience with human services, child welfare and/or domestic violence
• Experience with multimedia education and adult learning theory
• Experience with virtual collaborative working environments