POSITION OPEN IMMEDIATELY – JULY 2017
SAFE in Hunterdon is a multi-faceted, non-profit agency whose mission is to cultivate safety, empowerment and healing in an alliance with adults, teens, and children who are affected by domestic and sexual violence. SAFE in Hunterdon offers a continuum of services from emergency shelter, to legal advocacy, creative arts therapy for children, supportive counseling and transitional housing, plus community education.
HOURS PER WEEK: 35
LOCATION: Flemington, NJ and Community Safe Sites (as necessary)
SALARY: Mid $40’s
Provide individual and group therapy services to adult victims of domestic violence and sexual assault participating in the Adult Services Programs.
- Masters in Social Work, Counseling or other human services comparable counseling graduate degree
- Licensed in the State of New Jersey -LSW/LAC, LCSW/LPC preferred
- DV/SA counseling experience (at least one year)
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) strongly preferred (interpretation & translation)
- Experience in therapeutic treatment modalities.
- Experience working with adults required, experience with children and families a plus.
- Complete 80-hour DV/SA agency training.
- Provide crisis intervention services, supportive counseling, and referrals to domestic violence and sexual assault survivor.
- Develop and implement individualized treatment plans.
- Consult with outside professionals involved in clients’ lives to gather information, assess needs/progress, and coordinate services.
- Facilitate therapeutic and psycho-educational support groups.
- Advocate for clients to community agencies where appropriate and in alignment with agency confidentiality policies.
- Participate in counseling meetings, clinical supervision meetings, team case management meetings
- Work collaboratively with counselors and other agency staff.
- Abide by confidentiality and privilege requirements at all times.
- Maintain case files including progress notes, evaluations, recommendations and clinical documentation.
- Complete client statistics on a monthly basis.
- Provide outreach and education into the community as requested.
- Knowledgeable of and deliver on service level agreements related to all applicable grants, including but not limited to outcomes data and level-of-service reports submitted on a timely basis.
- If bilingual, provide translations when needed.
SAFE in Hunterdon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please send cover letter and resume to: Elaine K. Meyerson