Service Area: Clinical Program
Reports to: Clinical Director
This position is responsible for providing bi-lingual (English/Spanish) counseling to residential and non-residential clients survivors of domestic violence. Other major duties may include the supervision and training of staff/ volunteers/interns who support the program.
- Direct Service
- Provides individual, group counseling for adults and child clients on a weekly or bi-weekly basis.
- Conducts intake assessments on new adult clients. For the residential and non-residential program.
- Participates in outreach/consultation services in the community
- Provides consultation for Residential and non-Residential staff on mutual clients to coordinate services.
- Supervision of interns in Clinical Director’s absence
- Handles client concerns with regards to counseling issues
- Attends weekly individual and group supervision to review/discuss cases with Clinical Director
- Schedule 1 evening per week for client evening appointments for the residential clients
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Ensures case documentation is up-to-date and reflective of services provided. Files are subject to review at anytime
- Inputs all progress notes and other client related interactions into the client database within 48 hours.
- Reports monthly statistics on all activities
- Participates in meetings as appropriate
- Provides clinical supervision to interns when credential allow.
- Trains and mentors clinical interns as requested by the clinical director
- Must be knowledgeable of the principles of sound therapeutic practices with survivors of domestic violence.
- Must understand trauma and demonstrate practices sensitive to different types of abuse during the sessions in therapy
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish)
- Knowledge and understanding of the dynamics and issues of domestic violence survivors.
- Demonstrates experience with and sensitivity to varying cultural, ethnic, and social backgrounds, values, and attitudes
- Strong oral and written communication skills required to effectively communicate with a broad range of individuals.
- Ability to provide group, individual, and family counseling sessions
- Strong problem solving skills required and must be a common sense thinker who can be a quick decision maker when necessary.
- Must display professionalism and leadership qualities
- Availability to work a flexible schedule in response to agency and client needs including evening hours
- May be required to lift boxes up to 25 lbs.
- Masters Degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology is required
- Licensure required (LSW, LCSW, LAC, LPC)
- DVS preferred
- Completion of 40 hour Domestic Violence training preferred/must be completed within 6 months of hire
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org