Title: Senior Training and Technical Assistance Coordinator
Work Location: This position is based in our New York City office.
Report to: Assistant Director of Prevention Programs
Start Date: June 15, 2016
Organizational Overview: The New York City Alliance against Sexual Assault (the Alliance) is a non-profit in the city whose mission is to prevent sexual violence and reduce the harm it causes. Through training, advocacy and research, the Alliance has been an active force in fighting for recognition of the magnitude of the problem of sexual violence in New York City.
Position Description: We are currently seeking an experienced, and dedicated professional in the field of sexual violence who will be responsible for coordinating the day-to-day activities of the Technical Assistance (TA) program. The Senior Training and Technical Assistance Coordinator will offer training, technical assistance and program planning assistance to a network of rape crisis and sexual violence prevention practitioners in collaboration with our partner organizations. Specifically, the Senior Coordinator will provide technical assistance to rape crisis centers which accepted the Enough is Enough funding and are working with college campuses. The essential duties of this position will include working to: identify training and TA needs(T/TA); develop technical assistance plan based on needs assessment; design and implement TA through in-person and phone support; organize web conferences, trainings and conferences; and conduct follow-up program evaluation to assess effectiveness of information provided.
This position will be supervised primarily by the Assistant Director of Prevention Programs with assistance from the Program Manager of Intervention who oversees our intervention training programs.
- Creating and maintaining a Training and Technical Assistance Institute that engages faculty appropriate to the needs of the recipient organizations
- Developing new T/TA curriculum/materials; and updating and/or maintaining existing materials
- Executing new training programs in collaboration with the Assistant Director of Prevention Programs (ADP) and Program Manager of Intervention (PMI)
- Designing pre & post tests and other evaluation tools to assess program efficacy and reach.
- Working closely with Alliance staff and outside trainers to respond to technical assistance needs and coordinating the provision of T/TA to partner organizations
- Executing needs assessments as needed
- Conducting independent research to stay abreast of emerging trends, best practices and research to identify and present information of value to rape crisis centers
- Regular interfacing with partner organizations to update and revise training needs
- Acting as a facilitator and/or providing training as needed
- Coordinating on-site or off-site meetings, outreach events, trainings and conferences
- Writing required reports on the activities of the program and representing the Alliance in various citywide coalitions and task forces
- Supervising interns/volunteers
- Participating in other program activities, staff meetings and events of the Alliance
- Masters level education in public health, sociology, gender studies, or related field.
- Minimum three (3) years of professional experience working in the fields of public health, social justice, survivor advocacy and/or community organizing.
- Demonstrated professional experience (minimum three years) delivering oral presentations to diverse professionals and audiences. Prior experience presenting and/or training on best practices in sexual violence prevention, social justice or public health at conferences and workshops strongly desired.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in managing and/or providing training and technical assistance programs.
- In depth knowledge of issues related to best and evidence-informed practices in sexual assault prevention and best care, including but not limited to comprehensive prevention programming, SANE, SART, survivor advocacy and counseling.
- Demonstrable skills in program design, implementation and project management.
- Experience and knowledge in evaluation tools and data collection methods desired.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well independently as well as in a team in a flexible, evolving environment.
- Sensitivity to the impact of sexual violence in diverse and marginalized communities and the ability to articulate these concerns with regard to sexual violence in a sensitive and respectful manner.
- Proven ability to work in a multi-racial environment, and commitment to social justice practice.
Salary range (annual, U.S. $): Salary is within the range of 45,000 – 50,000, and is commensurate with education and experience. Generous time off and excellent health benefits are offered.
How to apply:
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume as a single word or pdf document to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Sr. TA Coordinator. Incomplete applications will not be considered. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Due to the large volume of responses we receive, the Alliance is not able to provide candidacy status on an individual basis. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Alliance is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, disability or gender identity. Applicants from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Click HERE to see job posting on Idealist!